about

Family, home, decorating, travel, shopping, even a few recipes and crafts........all the things that make life interesting!

Friday, February 10, 2012

I always remember Julia on Valentines Day


Every Valentines Day brings back the memory of this card. I have always appreciated Julia Child for her cooking skills, and no matter how hard I tried I could never, ever seem to replicate what she was whipping up in the kitchen. I always saw her on PBS as rather stuffy and that her humor was more of the accidental kind. That is until I began to read some of her book, and it translated completely different. Julia, you see was a wild child, all in a very conservative wrapper, just bursting to come out...and Julia was so very, very funny.


above is Julia in San Mateo, California at age 23..she was a cutie. Now I totally "get her"


The above still makes me smile when I read it, and I think sums up what she was all about. I must say, I have to agree with her. The moral of this story is to never judge a book by it's cover.
Celebrate the wild child in you!


No comments: